“XO With Spence” Madhive’s Podcast Exploring the Humanity Behind Advertising’s Visionaries
The inaugural episode features former Ampersand CEO Nicolle Pangis
By Spencer Potts, CEO
In the fast-paced world of technology, it is easy to lose sight of the people behind the innovative products and services that have transformed our lives.
That’s why I'm launching a new podcast: XO. In each episode, I’ll sit down with industry visionaries to understand their journey, learn about their successes, and explore the future of CTV advertising. These interviews will focus on candid conversations that reveal the often untold stories of our guests. The XO podcast promises to bring stories that inspire, inform, and remind us of humanity in technology.
For the inaugural episode of “XO with Spence,” I met with former Ampersand CEO and GroupM COO Nicolle Pangis, who recently joined Madhive’s board of directors.
Without further adieu, here’s a behind-the-scenes look at how one of the most influential people in our industry got to where she is today.
And if you’re on the go, here’s a link to listen on Spotify!
1. Leadership Philosophy: Leadership is not about titles but about recognizing and valuing the abilities and accomplishments of others.
2. Career Journey and Decisions: It’s important to adapt to opportunities and industry shifts and be open to unplanned career paths.
3. Career Advancement: Be driven by your curiosity and willingness to tackle new challenges and work with leaders who recognize your diverse skill set.
4. Career Advice: Focus on your own journey rather than comparing it to others. Be open to various opportunities, as rigid career paths can limit potential.
5. Scaling Ampersand: Stepping into uncomfortable roles allows you to discover potential and create change. During her time as CEO of Ampersand, Nicolle modernized the company by shifting focus to data-driven advanced video.
6. Industry Insights: AI and machine learning are tools, not solutions. They will play an integral role in advancing media. Local advertising will also see significant growth in the coming years.